Left Alliance| Uusimaa
Jussi SaramoFor Parliament from the Uusimaa electoral district
- 43 years old
- Member of Parliament and Chairperson of the Left Alliance Parliamentary Group
- Minister of Education 12/2020-7/2021
- Member of the Grand Committee
- Member of the Foreign Affairs Committee
- Member of the Vantaa City Council
- Member of the Wellbeing Services County of Vantaa and Kerava
- Former member of the Porvoo City Council (2000-2008)
Jussi has extensive experience in working for a more equal society, in politics and in non governmental organisations. During Ms Li Andersson’s parental leave, Jussi served as Minister of Education and member of the five party leaders of the current coalition government. As Minister, Jussi was also responsible for the Finance Committee, the Defence Committee, the Environment Committee and the Ministerial Committee on EU affairs.
When Ms Andersson returned to serve as Minister from parental leave, Jussi was elected the Chairperson of the Left Alliance Parliamentary Group.
Jussi lives in Vantaa with his partner and two children.